Simpson Strong-Tie HL73 7 x 3-Inch Heavy Angle
The HL is a versatile angle designed to improve corner stability. This multipurpose connector helps promote standardization and construction economy. The L-shaped design of this heavy utility strap makes it ideal for a variety of applications where two members meet at a 90° angle.
- Helps reinforce wood members in right-angle connections
- Resists uplift and lateral forces
- Achieves lateral loads in both directions when installed in pairs
- 7 and 8 ga. models — galvanized; 3 ga. models — Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint. Some models available in HDG; see Corrosion Information.
- Install with bolts
- Lag screws of equal diameter (minimum 5" long) may be substituted for bolts in the beam with no reduction in load.
- Gussets may be added to HL models when L ≥ 5" (specify G after model number, as in HL46G)
- Ornamental alternative: HLPC angles